Thursday, December 3, 2009

Drug Dealer Turned Fighter

One of the blog followers, Brian, tipped me off to a story about a heroin dealer and addict who gained refuge through his religion and turned his hatred into learning how to fight.

The BBC article that Brian showed me is very interesting, and I think everyone should check it out.

The article dictates the lengths at which Urfan Azad and the BBC reporter go to in order to visit the site which he was trained. It was a site where Taliban forces had pillaged and destroyed, except for a small mosque that they left standing. Next to the mosque, Azad learned how to crawl with an ak-47 and field strip it.

The article shows how devastated areas are in the Middle East at this time.
I suggest you all read the article and tell me what you think about it and the importance of religion in your life in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment